(31 March 2021)
Following the Introductory Remarks made by the AFCONE Executive Secretary, the AUC-HRST Commissioner and the IAEA Director General, Eight Speakers presented different perspectives of Capacity Building in Nuclear Science and Technology.
The Meeting discussed the following Items:
- AFCONE Commitment & Priority to Capacity Building in Nuclear Science & Technology
- AYGN & Youth Contribution to Develop Capacity Building in NST
- AUC HRST Commitment to Support E&T and R&D in NST
- IAEA Support to Africa in NST Capacity Building
- African Union Youth Development Programmes & Policies:
- PUNE in Africa: Capacity Building Challenges & Proposed Roadmap
- R&D in NST: Challenges and Way Forward
- AFRA NEST: Challenges and Prospects
- Capacity Building in Nuclear Safety & Security: Programs
- Nuclear Power in Africa: E & T in NST: A Pan African Response
- Excellence in NST Capacity Building
Concrete and Practical Proposals have been made to Optimise, Develop and Sustain the African Programs.
See the Following Take Home Remarks & Draft Call to Action & Concluding Remarks by Prof Shaukat, IAEA TCAF Director